Vodacom is one of the big players in Telecommunications in South Africa and they are currently offering 50 bursaries every year to improve the current Information Technology and Engineering shortfall in SA.
The bursaries are aimed at previously disadvantaged top achievers and Vodacom has already granted over 1000 bursaries since the programs inception.
Fields of Study Covered
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Electronic Engineering (Light Current)
- Information Systems
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Engineering
- Similar Technikon Qualifications
- Students must be South African with a matric exemption and be under 25 years
- Students must apply for full time undergraduate studies at a recognized South African higher learning institution
- Household of the applicant must earn less than R150 000 per year in total
- Must at least have a C symbol for both Mathematics HG and Physical Science Hg
How the bursary works
If you fit all the admission criteria then you can complete the Vodacom Foundation Bursary Form. Applications are open from the 1 March to the 30 June, short listed candidates will then be contacted for an interview.
Visit the Vodacom website for more info and to download the application form
Please contact Vodacom directly for updates on their bursary program